JETCO: Jewish Education Tax Credit Organization
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the 2012 JETCO campaign!
Have you heard about the new Switcher Individual Tax Credit?
This new credit will allow more students to benefit from a private school education and gives you the opportunity to help provide more scholarships!
About the Switcher Credit
Beginning this year, you can claim an additional credit for making a donation to JETCO. However, you must first donate the maximum amount to the "Original" Individual Tax Credit ($503 for single, head of household and married filing separate filers and $1,006 for married filing joint filers). The maximum credit amount that may be taken for the new "Switcher" credit is $500 for single, head of household and married filing separate filers and $1,000 for married filing joint filers.
INCREASED DONATION LIMITS FOR 2012
- $1,003 for single, head of household and married filing separate filers
($503 Original plus $500 Switcher credits)
- $2,006 for married filing joint filers
($1,006 Original plus $1,000 Switcher credits)
INCREASED DONATION LIMITS FOR 2013
- $1,031 for single, head of household and married filing separate filers
- $2,062 for married filing joint filers
Where does the money go?
The newly-created Switcher tax credit is specifically intended to bridge the gap for children who have had difficulty accessing a tax-credit scholarship. For that reason, existing scholarship recipients are not eligible for a Switcher scholarship.
Who can receive scholarships under the new Switcher credit?
- Students on a waiting list
- Incoming siblings of current private school children
- Dependents of active duty military members on orders in Arizona
- Students who were in public school for at least 90 days of the prior academic year and are switching to a private school
- Children entering kindergarten
- Students who received a scholarship from either of the private school tax credit Corporate programs (Standard or the Disabled / Displaced)
- In the future, students who entered this scholarship program based on one of the criteria listed above, may continue to receive scholarships from the Switcher program.
Here is your chance to increase your dollar-for-dollar tax credits on your Arizona income tax return and help a child receive an exceptional education at one of the following schools:
- Tucson Hebrew Academy
- Congregations Anshei Israel Esther B. Feldman Kindergarten
- Temple Emanu-El Kindergarten
- Tucson Jewish Community Center Kindergarten
Give a child a quality education. Get every dollar back in reduced taxes.
The State of Arizona has given YOU the power to reallocate your tax dollars. Please use this power
to direct those dollars to JETCO.
OUR CHILDREN NEED YOU -
YOU CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!
AND IT DOESN'T COST YOU ANYTHING! Every dollar you give to JETCO will reduce your tax liability
by the same amount - up to the maximum allowed by law - when you file your Arizona income tax return.
If you contribute more than the your state income tax liability you can carry over the difference as a tax
credit for up to five years.
You will be sent an acknowledgment of your gift for tax documentation purposes.
We have a monthly payment option available to help make giving the
gift of education even easier! You can also claim a tax credit for contributions made to public schools and the working poor tax credit. Click Here for Arizona Department of Revenue tax
JETCO: Jewish Education
Tax Credit Organization
THANKS YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
For more information please call Jen at 647-8442 or e-mail email@example.com